Thank you to everyone who has participated in our delivery and curbside program with Mercato thus far. We are extremely thrilled with the excitement and demand for this new program! Below are some commonly asked questions. Our team will continue to provide you with thorough answers and fine tune our procedures along the way so we can make the process as smooth and efficient as possible. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Do you deliver or have curbside pickup? We do offer both delivery and curbside pickup. You can go to rootsdelivers.com and place your order there. You can expect a 1-2 day turn around! Roots is happy to make shopping easier for you and your family during this unprecedented time. The final cost is the amount of the groceries plus a 10% service fee in addition to the delivery costs. The 10% service fee covers the time of the person that is packing the groceries. The delivery fee covers the delivery cost.
1.5) Do you have online ordering where you can ship me the products? In terms of shipping – we cannot ship ups, or usps.
2) I am a Roots Rewards Member, are those discounts applied to Mercato orders? Our apologies that at this time rewards member discounts are in-store purchase exclusives. Please keep an eye out for discount codes featured in our e-newsletters and on social media.
3) What is Mercato? Are they reliable? Mercato is a 3rd party partner that we use to station our online store and takes care of the delivering of our orders. We looked at several options while looking for a partner to create online orders and Mercato has thousands of other retail partners across the country. However, we are new to using Mercato and currently across the country all retailers are having some trouble with the influx of orders coming in at this present moment. Additionally, for more information on Mercato – they do have a frequently asked questions section on their website that can give you more information about them.
4) How long do I have to wait to pick up my order or have it delivered? Can I just come and pick it up today? Pick up and delivery times vary to what’s available at any given time. We have a limited number of slots available, however, recently we have been able to fill orders within a 2-3 day time frame. (this is not guaranteed) When you go to rootsdelivers.com you will enter in your zip code and then it will direct you to our store closest to you. You will need to create an account with Mercato. You can sign in with gmail or facebook, or just sign up with your email address. Once you do this you can do your shopping. At the end of the order it will give you available time slots of when your order can be delivered or picked up. Orders may be placed for 7 days out. So each day more order slots will open up for 7 days out. Once these slots are sold out, the next day, more slots will open up. However, if there is a cancellation you may be able to get a slot for a sooner date, and as things calm down we imagine that order waits will be less.
5) Do I have to sign up with Mercato or can I log in as a guest? You will need to sign up with Mercato, but the process is very easy. You just login with your gmail, facebook or sign up with your email. Go to rootsdelivers.com today and get started!
6) Can I add something to my order, or make a changes to an existing order? Yes! Just recently Mercato added this as an option to add items to your order. We are able to add items to your order 48 hours in advance hours and it’s limited to 5 additional add on items. You can also add items yourself by logging into your Mercato account, clicking on your name on the top right hand side, selecting account options, and clicking on orders.
7) Can you just take my credit card and add items over the phone? At this point, due to the sheer volume of requests and that our system is not set up to take credit card over the phone, we are unable to complete this at this time.
8) There is an item I want that I know you have that is not on the Mercato site. How do I add this? We had originally planned to roll out online ordering closer to June, but given the demand and need to increase social distancing within our stores to keep our teams safe we pushed the process up over 2 months so not all items are available online. Our hope that over the next few months we will be able to add more and more items, but at this time unfortunately we are only able to offer what’s on the website. We appreciate your patience!
9) Are there limits on the price amount of an order I can place? At this point there isn’t a limit on the amount someone can place. We have seen orders of over $1,000 come through without any problem, however, one time it made a customer split the order. We contacted Mercato and that should not have happened. It should be fine to place any $ amount order over $15.00. The order minimum is $15.00
9.5) Are there a limit on items that can be ordered? There is no limit on items that can be ordered through the website as we have had customers who have ordered hundreds. In one situation it limited a customer, but this was a one time technical error, so you should have no problems. If you do give us a ring back and we will try and help. (If a customer calls to add items – if they are eligible based on their selection on replacement products – they can add up to 5 items)
10) I am having trouble logging into the Mercato system or having other technical difficulties. Can you help? What seems to be the problem?
- I go to the site and it doesn’t work? The website is rootsdelivers.com — make sure you did not enter rootsdelivery.com
- How do I pick delivery or curbside? At the end of your order it will say to enter your address. If you are going to select curbside, don’t enter your address and you can expand the screen and a curbside option appears. If you have entered your address just delete your address out, and it will appear. If you want delivery, just enter your address and it will let you know if your address is eligible for delivery.
- I am still having trouble accessing or navigating the Mercato website. Please call 1-844-699-2776 to reach Mercato’s customer service line and they should be able to help. If they are unable to or unavailable, please give us a ring back and we will try and help again.
11) I have tried to call Mercato and email them, and they will not get back to me. Can you help? At this point Mercato is experiencing an unusually high amount of calls given the influx in orders so they are behind. With that said, we want to apologize for the wait you have or may be having. We have reached out to them, and they had said that they were hiring over 100 new people to be able to handle the influx of calls. Right now the apparent turn around time is 48 hours. Their goal is to get that to 24 hours.
12) I need a refund for something missing on my order, I have called Mercato for days and no one responds, can you do this? We truly apologize for the experience you’ve had with Mercato. When we signed up with Mercato our agreement is that they have to handle all refunds because they are the ones who are handling all of the credit card transactions and money. Which form of contact have you used? Try email@example.com or 1-844-699-2776.
13) I have placed an order for tomorrow and for next week. Can you please have them both ready tomorrow? We appreciate the 2 orders and cannot thank you enough for that, unfortunately Mercato does not allow us to combine orders as they hold the credit card for the 2 separate transactions and do not let us cash out orders until 24 hours before the order.
14) Can I change my delivery to a curbside pickup or curbside pickup to a delivery? You can contact Mercato at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-699-2776 if you want to change pickup or curbside. You are welcome to come in the store and pick up your order but unless you call Mercato they will send a driver and you will be charged a driver fee.
15) Can I reschedule or cancel my order? If you need to reschedule your order, you’ll have to email email@example.com with your request as soon as possible. To cancel your order, you can actually cancel it on the Mercato website 48 hours in advance as well. For orders placed on the same day, you have up to 1/2 hour after your order was placed to cancel. You cancel this directly on the Mercato site. Unfortunately, Mercato does not allow any cancellation requests after those times.
16) Can I trust Mercato? Will my information be kept private? Mercato encrypts all private information when entered into the website, and none of this information is released to any third party or anyone else. It is used simply for shipping and to inform you of special offers from Mercato such as coupons, etc.
17) Can I return something if I am not satisfied? We apologize that something didn’t meet your expectations. Please give Mercato a call or email and they will replace or refund the product for you. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-844-699-2776.
18) Can we order beer and wine in Olney? At this point beer and wine are not available, but we plan to look into this over the next few months. We have to check with Montgomery County and find out if we have to update our liquor license to be able to do this.
19) What is Mercato Green? Do you really get free delivery for a year? Mercato Green is a monthly subscription that offers you free delivery for the first 14 days, and then you pay a standard monthly fee for unlimited delivery services within a certain mileage area. The details of the plan are on mercato.com – but please be advised that once the 14 days runs out – it will automatically charge your account for a year. Additionally – with how busy the demand is – you may not be able to get as many deliveries as often as you’d like. We have been recommending that our guests use caution and do research on the program before signing up for it. For these reasons at this time we are not promoting this program.
19.5) Can I still get delivery even if I am not a Mercato Green Member? Yes, you can can choose to pay per delivery and continue utilizing the delivery service per order versus a yearly subscription.
20) Mercato charged my credit card for a year of their service? Can you give me a refund? We have had a few calls like this and for this we apologize. Mercato should be able to issue you a refund and cancel your green service. You can contact Mercato at email@example.com or 1-844-699-2776.
21) I created an order and then it says that there are no available slots, will I lose my order? This means that all available slots are filled as of now, but every morning more slots will open – so you can keep the order in your cart and try the next day for a slot. As long as you are signed in – your order will stay in the cart.