Dear Roots Guests,
We just wanted to take a moment to thank the tens of thousands of guests who have trusted us since the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic. The safety of our guests and team members has and always will be our number one priority, and since March we’ve done everything possible to ensure this safety.
Although this pandemic has remained with us longer than any of us expected, we want to assure you that safety is still the number one focus for each and every person at Roots Market. We continue to not only follow the guidance and requirements of the CDC, WHO, State of Maryland and Local Health Officials, but to go above and beyond their recommendations:
Since Day One we’ve been the only grocery store in Howard and Montgomery Counties to provide a sanitation station at our doorways with gloves, facemasks, as well as hand and cleaning sanitizers for our guests.
- We have a greeter at the door in both of our stores that is available to answer any questions for our guests. This person also sanitizes every cart and basket after each use. They are also there to provide a mask to any guest who may not have one, as masks are required to enter our stores. If you are unable to wear a mask and not able to shop online, we are even willing to do your shopping for you while you wait in your car.
- We also have graphics from the CDC website at each door to show the proper way to wear your mask so we can keep all of our guests and team members safe.
- Additionally, although most recommendations were to limit occupancy between 25% and 50%, we’ve limited our occupancy by 70%, and continue to do this today. This continues to help with social distancing which is a main priority in our stores.
- Our store leaders, department leaders and all team members are trained to practice and encourage social distancing around our store. It’s also noted through the hundreds of signs across our stores. We still have many key personal working from home to help with social distancing. All of our team members wear masks and gloves at all times. There are no exceptions.
- We had plexiglass screens installed to protect our cashiers, guest services team members, and wellness team members well before it was a requirement to do so. We know that protecting our team members also protects our guests.
- We continue to add extra overnight cleaning shifts as well as “deeper dive” cleaning checklists for our teams. We go above and beyond the regular surface areas and high traffic areas.
- We added online ordering and curbside pickup at the beginning of March and have refined our systems to make them better than ever. At this point you should be able to place an order and have it either next day or within a few days at the most. This has helped limit traffic flow in the stores to be able to ensure social distancing.
We recently reopened our Salad Bar, but in safer packaging. You can now come in and choose your favorite salad toppings while feeling at ease knowing that it is safely packaged.
We also reopened the Meltdown Grilled Cheese Bar and Soup Bar at our Olney store with new safety procedures in place. Our Hot Bars remain closed because we just do not feel comfortable restarting that program at this point.
- We still continue to offer 4 different shopping opportunities for our most vulnerable guests. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings from 8am to 9am, and Sunday nights from 7pm to 7:30pm are exclusive to shoppers over 60 or immunocompromised.
While it may seem like things around us are better, we continue to operate as if it is Day One of the pandemic. There is no room to let our guard down, and Roots Market will continue to be diligent on the safety of our guests and team members. We continue to review new guidance and expectations each and every day by reviewing the CDC, WHO, State of Maryland and local health official’s websites. We also have discussions daily with our teams to continue going above and beyond these expectations.
We are sending this email to reassure you that we will continue to do all we can to protect anyone that enters our stores. If you have any questions do not hesitate to reach out to one of our leaders, or contact us at email@example.com.