Happy New Year! Thank you for sharing your Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies with us Flora & Vino!
– 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods super fine almond flour
– 1/2 cup Coombs Family Farms pure maple syrup
– 1/2 cup Roots Market fresh-ground almond butter
– 1/3 cup leftover cranberry sauce (see recipe below)
– 1 12oz bag of fresh cranberries
– 1/3 cup maple syrup (or to desired sweetness)
– 1/2 cup filtered water
– 1 fresh squeezed orange
1. First, make the cranberry sauce if it’s not already leftover!
2. Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper/
3. Add the maple syrup, almond butter, and almond flour to a bowl and mix until well incorporated and sticky.
4. Use a cookie scoop to scoop the dough into 1.5″ balls. Roll the dough into balls with your hands and place them on the cookie sheet.
5. Flatten the balls with the palm of your hand, then press your thumb into the center of each cookie to form a thumbprint.
6. Add 1/2 TBSP of leftover cranberry sauce to the center of each cookie until all thumbprints are filled.
7. Bake the cookies for 16-17 minutes and then remove from the oven. Cookies will appear underdone but will firm up after cooling.
8. Store cookies in the fridge up to one week and freeze for long-term storage. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Simple Veganista