Healthy Refreshing Meal for the Weekend by Lauren Price from Flora & Vino!
Tossed Brussels Sprout Salad
– 1lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded (~4 cups)
– 1 bunch of kale, de-stemmed and shredded (~4 cups)
– 1 small head cabbage, cored and finely shredded (~4 cups)
– 2 green onion, chopped
– 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
– 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
-1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (~2 small lemons)
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 2 tsp Dijon mustard
– ¼ tsp garlic powder
– 2 tsp maple syrup
– ¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt
– ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Mix the maple dijon vinaigrette in advance. Add all of the ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Add the shredded brussels sprouts, kale, and cabbage, and green onion to a large mixing bowl.
Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss until all of the greens are coated.
Add in the chickpeas and walnuts and toss to combine.
Store leftover salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.